Monday, January 11, 2010

Heavenly Gowns Bridal Show

This past weekend I attended the Heavenly Gowns Bridal show in Saint John. As usual Sheri (owner of Heavenly Gowns) put on a lovely show and I have to admit that she even stepped up her game on the layout of the show and it was even more attractively positioned than last year when I attended.

Bridal shows are a great time for vendors as they draw in your exact target market - BRIDES! It is a great chance to meet new brides and talk with them about what you offer. However, it's not all about the brides (sorry!) it is also a great networking opportunity for the vendors themselves where we can meet new and catch up with old friends. I had the pleasure of doing both this year.
I was glad that the Hilton had a booth this year and they even teamed up with a decorator so needless to say their booth looked amazing!
again I'm not a photographer nor do i pretend to be...well maybe on girl or family weekends!

SO, check out the glowing orb in the back of this booth (next to the chocolate fountain - did I mention that the entire show smelled of chocolate!) This 'orb' for lack of a better term is beautiful! And they are for RENT!!! Simply contact Wendi at Spurs in Brunswick Square. Also, I should mention in this booth way up (which you can't see in this photo) are chandeliers - six of them - which they hung that morning.
The Hilton now has these lovely cocktail tables and barstools. They even have the white scuba chair covers and I've been told they are even looking at getting their own sashes (white). Hmmm...almost sounds like they are full service hotel - lol!

I also met Danielle from Danielle's Desserts and she rents her cakes (photo below)- that's right for all you brides who don't want a cake but want the look at the reception, you can RENT one. She even has cookies that can be used as favours (they are as large as my hand btw.)


My booth was sandwiched in between 2 vendors. On one side was "1st Choice Catering"(who also had 2 chocolate fountains!) - Russel and Michelle are very nice and he knows a lot about food. On the other side was my friend Sarah's Sweet Delights (shown above with Eric representing) whom I might add also brought her delicious chocolate truffles. (I KNOW! I ALMOST DIED WITH ALL THE CHOCOLATE SMELLS!)

I ran into one of my favorite floral designers Beth (she is uber sweet!) from Creative Designs By Beth. She can do large or small weddings and I've posted some of her orchid designs below, which she graciously showed me the secret to making the orchid shade - wonderful ingenuity!)
Beth also did the Stage decorating at the show





Oh, yeah, photos of my booth - I nearly forgot!


below are some photos at my attempt of a landscape centrepiece - one of the emerging trends for 2010. Granted this is more of a DIY version since it doesn't use the manzanita branch that typically would be present.

Well one show down and 2 more to go. Stop by and say hi!

No comments: