Saturday, January 2, 2010

Passionate and dedicated

A few weeks back I was asked by Laverne Stewart to come into the Daily Gleaner to be interviewed for a piece she was working on. Of course I went.
I was a bit nervous as I new the piece was going to be of a more personal nature and I'm always leery with telling people everything about me. What if I forgot something? No one really knows how individuals can perceive you and well 'print' can be immortalized. I spent maybe over an hour there talking to Laverne that day, I cried, I laughed and I remembered. She was a pure delight. At the end of our time, she asked me for individuals with whom she could speak with. (???) Ok, so of course my husband (I've always wondered what he really thought about everything), a new and old friend (Jan & Samantha - I knew where they could be reached without hesitation). I'm sorry to say that she didn't have a chance to speak to my sister but over all I was quite pleased with the article. (Who am I kidding? - It was perfect!)
So today, one of the worst snow storms may be hitting us now and I ventured out to get the paper (of course after posting it multiple times on various social media outlets). I bought 5....lol
I was standing in line with them and noticed that I was actually looking at myself - ON THE FRONT PAGE! Here I was at the top of the front page in the banner - playing my guitar no less! Now I should state that I am only learning to play. The photo shocked me as it had been taken earlier in the summer when I was interviewed for Last Summer Parties which was printed around Labour Day. This is the original photo....


I personally liked that they clipped me out from my ugly purple chair....Someday it will get recovered...someday.....

One of the best things that has happened (so far today) from this article was that I received an email from an old employer who had just read the article (not sure how he got the email - google?). I almost fell over I was so shocked. I was surprised but really glad that he took the time to reach out.

I'm trying to determine what I'll send Mrs. Stewart on Monday for such an amazing article.... I know what I'm sending my sister - an autographed version of the paper! lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will have to find a copy of the article. Glad to find your blog. Wishing you well in 2010. I still have that CD for you! :)