Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stagette Party Signature Drinks

With the upcoming wedding season I'm often asked about the parties that surround the main event - The Stagette!
I like the signature drink idea and came across a most fabulous one in my opinion.
The Banana's Foster Cocktail which was submitted to the Food Network by Sandra Lee.
I think the photo itself describes exactly why I think it would be a perfect signature drink - lol!



To get the recipe for this creamy drink (which of course I had to make and sample - a bit on the sweet side but still Yummy!) just click on the drink name above.

I simply love signature party drinks. Every time we head over to a particular girlfriend's place we know we will be served Sangria. It's different every time but very good! She may be a mixologist at heart! A signature drink at any type of party is always great; it cuts down on the bar cost of having to have everything from gin to dark rum and various liqueurs. This way you can just have the ingredients for the one beverage and a few non-alcoholic choices as well. (I like saving money.)

Signature drinks don't even need to be something completely new and complex. Taking a favorite, say a mojito, is a classic drink that most will enjoy and simple to make. You can even play with colours of other drinks by simply adding food colouring to make your mark.

Options are truly endless! Have fun and mix it up!



No comments: