Monday, March 8, 2010

All about the Oscars

I'm sitting here in star style wearing a recycled dress from the uni days of formals and sipping white wine from my gorgeous hand blown Jon Sawyer glass while watching The Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny Show!
This is how I have referred to the Ocsars in the past coming weeks. How could I not with the commercials airing as they did with Steve Martin and Alex Baldwin acting as they were. Now granted I have a 2 year old so I may see connections that others were not expecting. :) However, this pair really puts a new low to events. Funny individually I can see how the pair would be a 'sure fit' for the Hollywood night of glitz and glamour - wait can those 2 words be used in the same sentence as Steve & Alec???
This disappointment added to the fact that again I did not see Cojo on the red carpet, was a true sore spot with me. The reason we at home watch this awards 'stuff' is so that we can see the dresses - really do we care who wins best such and such? The red carpet is now reduced to a mere, hey how are you, let me talk about why I like you and then an actual tap saying oh no, you are done talking (which they didn't even talk anyway) and need to move on to the the inside. - Thanks Sherri! Worst interviewer of the red carpet - EVER!!!! please go back and stay at the view...
So having seen the red carpet and some of the dresses and then seeing the awards and those presenting I have made my list of best and worst dressed:
First I have to say, did you check out he dress that won for most votes? It's the one that the ladies handing out the actual Oscars were wearing. Yep, I voted for that one - beautiful.
So to the nitty gritty of it:
Best dressed top picks were:
Elizabeth Banks, Sandra Bullock (oh, and she won!), Meryl Streep, Demi Moore


Worst dressed - and there were many (Deborah Ann Woll- what were you thinking!) so I chose the most surprising ones for my list:
Sarah Jessica Parker - Carrie Bradshaw would be so upset but not sure with what more the hair or the dress!
Charlize Theron - what was up with the Vera Wang design with the bulls-eye on here breasts! Seriously that is all you could look at!
J.Lo - the trend was to be 'architecture' in dresses and this one certainly had it but it also accentuated all her curves in all the wrong ways.



Weather you agree or not I'd love to hear from you on your picks!

Cheers!

No comments: